Items for Sale

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Marcie's Maze

Design board set up
I had purchased 20 pieces of fabric and cut it into 2 1/2" strips for a course that was being offered by a local quilt shop.  Unfortunately, it was cancelled at the very last minute on 2 occasions (urrrgh!!) and so I was left with 40 jelly roll strips.
Quilt in nature

The fabric was from the Moda Chic Neutral collection and was one I really liked.  I decided to make another project, but it would require another jelly roll.  I wanted fabric to be from the same collection. But, since it had been out for a while, it was nearly impossible to find any additional fabric to enable me to make a large quilt.  Luckily I found Dinkydoo, an online fabric store at the time, in British Columbia that had a jelly roll of this line.   If you are not familiar with this store, check them out.  They have lots of fabric choice and daily deals :) They are also opening a bricks and mortar shop in Pitt Meadows if you happen to be in the area.

Quilt design is an original design by a local long arm quilter.




The pattern for this quilt was Marcie's Maze Quilt Pattern by Mack and Mabel which I ordered online.   A fun quilt to make and directions were easy to follow.  Lots of sizes available for this quilt pattern as well.  This one turned out to be the biggest quilt I have ever made - 93" x 110" !!

This quilt was made for my daughter's 10th wedding anniversary.




1 comment: